Now hiring non-experienced painters helpers for Portland area summer jobs and beyond. Get the training and experience you need to become a professional painter to pay for college, start a career, work outdoors, work with your hand, etc. learning to be a professional painter can open a world of opportunity in the construction field.
Painting Oregon Inc is a residential, commercial, and light industrial painting company with projects from Eugene to Portland. At Painting Oregon Inc we believe that all parts of our business involve the “prep”.
Preparation starts with you, our new team members. Before you make it to one of our job sites you will have training to learn how to use the tools that you will be using daily, safely and efficiently.
Preparation during a job will make the paint or coating we apply last longer than the industry standard. That’s why we guarantee our work for five years.
Preparation of our customers will assure that they are learning what to expect when we show up to work on their projects. How the we prep our project. This allows our team to work efficiently and safely without obstacles and distractions during the project.
When you join the team as a painters helper you are expected to:
- Be on time to work daily
- Dress neat and clean (painter whites provided)
- Arrive to job site with tools (we provide)
- Take direction from lead painter or job foremen
- Perform basic prep and painting tasks like climbing ladders, caulking, masking, scraping, sanding, etc.
- Complete tasks before starting new tasks
- Ask questions if you don’t understand directions
- Keep language professional
- Be honest
- Learn daily
- Most importantly have fun!
- Physically fit or want to be
- Passion to learn
- Transportation to job site for you and your tools (bikes and bus are acceptable, but will be challenging for some projects)
- Good attitude (remember you will be working in homes and businesses that are the lively hood of our customers)
Painting Oregon Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Painting Oregon Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Painting Oregon Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Painting Oregon Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.