Should I pressure wash my house to keep it clean?
Clean that winter dust and dirt from your home
Washing the exterior of your house can be time consuming and difficult. I don’t know about you but the exterior of my house has a layer of dirt and grime now that Snowpocalypse of 2017 has ended here in the northwest. My driveway and sidewalk have splotchy white circles from where the deicer had been. Thankfully, the rain has washed away some of it but residue still remains.
We understand that winter can be hard on all surfaces of your house and property. Now is a good time to wash the dirt, mold and mildew off your house, driveway or patio before it really builds up and sets on the surfaces, which happens when drier weather arrives. Let’s get washing! It’s incredible what a little pressure washing could do.
With that said, not all surfaces can handle the same level of washing. Each substrate has different tolerances and needs to be treated slightly differently. Here is a brief list of some things we take into account when it comes to pressure washing your house or property.
- Washing your house is done with a range of nozzles and attachments on our power washing machines.
- Your driveway and patio surfaces are done with another range.
- We use a different PSI when washing homes versus washing sidewalks or driveways.
- The use of an earth friendly biodegradable detergent aids in the removal of stuck on dirt, mold and mildew.
- We use a foaming soap attachment to pre-rinse your home.
- Applying a soap mixture prior to pressure washing allows the active ingredients in the detergent to begin the magic process instantly. The soap does most of the work for us.
- Soft washing is another great method for washing your house.
- Soft washing is a cleaning method that does not require high-pressure washing.
- We use our earth friendly soap mixture to pre-rinse the surfaces and use scrubbing brushes to lightly agitate the soap and then rinse with low-pressure water.
- Soft wash is an ideal exterior cleaning method when working with delicate surfaces such as peeling paint, dry T111 siding, or particle pressed boards such as LP siding.
Painting Oregon power washes the following types of surfaces to aid in maintaining existing coatings.
- Wooden Decks
- Concrete walkways and patios
Did you know there are health benefits from having your house washed? The most notable one is the removal of harmful microorganisms such as mold and mildew. The northwest is known for mossy sidewalks and driveways and it can even be present on your siding and gutters. These microorganisms can be detrimental to your health, especially your respiratory health. *
Washing your house before there is a problem with build up of dirt, mold and mildew will save you time and money in the long run. It is also important to schedule regular washings. We recommend having your house washed at least once a year. Most people wouldn’t think that washing their house once a year would be important but think of it this way. Would you wait more than a year to wash your car? How about your kitchen floor? Gross right? Let’s get washing!
Your house is your home. Call us today to schedule your free estimate to have the exterior of your house washed.